Oral health is not just about teeth, it has a strong impact
on rest of the body’s wellbeing as well. Your oral health can be raising flags
about conditions affecting other body systems, making your regular dental check-ups
Links of poor oral health to other diseases:
According to research and studies, poor oral health is
- Cardio-vascular diseases
- Chronic Kidney Disease
On top of these, regular dental check-ups can help in early
detection of oral cancers.
Steps to maintain good oral health:
- Brushing regularly, twice daily and clean in
between teeth with floss.
- Drinking fluoridated tap water.
- Wearing mouth guards while playing contact
- Minimising sugar intake, especially sticky sugar
diet. If you have something with high sugar or acid rinse your mouth with water
- Visiting dentist twice a year for dental